We Indian Accent were left satisfied and even wanting for more with merely describing the accommodation, ambiance and service of Indian Accents, Auckland and as we all know there’s room for more checking out and jotting down of Indian food and cuisine. Now, we know that you’re all waiting with baited breath… no need for that any more. We now open the curtain for the star and the very essence of Indian Accent that bears the traditional oriental perfection with a globalized twist: Indian Accent’s MENU.
The menu fuses authentic Indian food recipes and some of Asia’s cuisines, too. It is also divided into two divisions based on its two kinds of diners: vegan and non-vegan. These arrays of carefully chosen and designed dishes are the very reason of Indian Accent’s renowned reputation now. Customers always leave the premises of the restaurant with a permanent smile in their face, a signature of pure satisfaction met by Indian Accent.
Now, we know that curry is one of the world’s all time favorite ingredient turned dish from the Indian food array, but Indian Accent promises more with their meticulously prepared menu. Diners of Auckland, New Zealand, you may want to taste these:
Under the non- vegan category, they serve entrees:
- Tandoori Chicken. This dish is made of tender spring chicken marinated in yogurt, spices and gently roasted over charcoal.
- Chicken Sholay Kebab. This is the thigh part of chicken cut into pieces, marinated in ginger, chillies and roasted in the tandoor.
- Chicken Reshami Kebab. Chicken breast part sliced into pieces, marinated in white gravy, cooked in the tandoor.
- Garlic Chicken Tikka. Dish made of soft meat of chicken cut into pieces, cooked with yoghurt, cheese and garlic paste.
- Lamb Seekh Kebab. Minced lamb meat that is cooked on skewers with special spices to tingle our taste buds.
- Tandoori Fish Tikka. Fish Cubes marinated and roasted in Tandoor.
- Mixed Platter. This is a selection of chicken Tikka, Lamb Seekh Kebab, Tandoori Prawns and Chicken Reshami Kebab. (This one’s quite a platter!)
Tandoori, just in case you’re groping in the dark about this Indian word, means “Indian method of cooking meat or vegetables on a spit in a clay oven.”
For the vegan category, available entrées are:
- Onion Bhaji . Chopped onion mixed with pea flour and spices and deep fried.
- Mixed Pakora. Assorted vegetables dipped in pea flour batter, deliciously spiced and fried to golden brown.
- Paneer Pakora .Cheese in chef’s secret chutneys then dipped in pea flour batter and fried to golden.
- Paneer Tikka. Cheese in chef’s secret recipe, roasted in tandoor along with capsicum, tomatoes and onion.
- Mushroom Stuffed. Mushroom stuffed with vegetables, rolled in bread crumbs and then deep fried.
- Samosa . Triangular pastry filled with seasoned potatoes, deep fried tillgolden brown.
- Moongdaal Vada. Split green gram skinless mixed with Potatoes and other spices and deep fried.
- Vegetable Cutlets. Mixed vegetables cut very finely, mixed with potatoes and deep fried.
- Vegetarian Mixed Platter. A selection of Vegetable tikki, Onion Bhaji, Mixed Pakora and Samosa.